Alumni of AFIT will now have access to RefWorks for the duration of the university's subscription to the software.
If you are a first time user of RefWorks, you will need the library Group Code for off-campus access. You will receive an e-mail message with the Group Code after you create a login. Please save this Group Code for future reference.
If you are an existing user and have forgotten the Group Code, please contact The D'Azzo Research Library at 937-255-6565 x4207 or by e-mail.
RefWorks is a web-based bibliographic software package that enables you to:
- Organize your research
- Create a bibliography in different document formats (Word, RTF, HTML, etc.) and a variety of citation styles, including APA, MLA and Chicago
- Import references from many data sources
- Use Write-N-Cite to include citations while you write your paper
- Store and access saved documents and presentations from anywhere
- Being web-based means no software to download and update, and you can access your personal account from any computer connected to the internet.
RefWorks allows you to quickly export citations from many databases. Visit the RefWorks Help Page for help with downloading from major publishers. Below are some tips for downloading from databases not included in RefWorks' list:
- The D'Azzo Research Library Catalog
1. Conduct your search and add the records you want to save to the bookcart
2. Click on "view saved" bookcart (bottom of page)
3. Click View and Export Saved Records
4. For format of list, choose EndNote/Refworks
5. Choose "send list to" local disk and click Submit
6. File is named "export.txt". Save it to my computer - removable disk
7. Login to RefWorks and select References/Import from the toolbar
8. Select Innovative Interface(EndNote / RefWorks format) as the data source and EndNote/RefWorks format as the database
9. Browse to locate the saved file "export.txt"
10. Click Import
Stay tuned for a new automatic export feature in our updated catalog!
- OhioLINK central Catalog
1. Log into RefWorks.
2. Select Search from the top menu.
3. Select search Online Catalog or Database
4. Select OhioLINK
5. Set your maximum results.
6. Enter your title or keywords in the quick search text box.
7. References will download. Select which ones you want to directly import.
- Science Citation Index (Web of Knowledge)
NOTE: You must turn off the pop-up blocker to use this function.
1. Conduct your search and check the items you want to export.
2. From the "Send to" drop down at the top of the page, select RefWorks.
3. Choose the information you want to export from the drop down options and click send.
4. Log into RefWorks when prompted. Your items should appear in the Last Imported folder.